Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I was just catching up on other people's blogs and was inspired to fill in some of the gaps on my own. Riley is asleep and has been for a while now, so I’m sure he will wake up as soon as I get the ball rolling!

I wanted to write about Valentine’s Day- no, nothing romantic about what Caleb and I did. We didn’t do anything for each other- NOTHING! We’re so lame- no cards, no candy, no flowers--nothing! A lady in church mentioned how she and her husband swap love letters on Valentine’s Day. They talk about their past year and express their love and appreciation for one another. I’d like to do that- it was a little too late for this year, but perhaps next. Caleb, are you reading this???

Before you think that we had a bad Valentine’s Day, let me set the record straight- we had the best day! We were able to fly home to Manhattan Beach, and it just worked out to have the baby blessed the same weekend. Valentine’s was on a Sunday this year, so what better way to celebrate love than to have our sweet little angel given a blessing? Dad gave Riley the best blessing, blessing him with strength, intelligence, and above all else, goodness. It was perfect.






Afterwards we enjoyed a lasagna dinner with the family and celebrated DeDe and Khoa becoming engaged- it really was a wonderful day.


Delicious Berries and Cream cake from Lido Bakery. Great job on the text, Dad!


Grandie Cole found a boy's first Valentine's Outfit- amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment